How To Use Snapchat
Mastering a Social media application like Snapchat can be very challenging without proper guidance. Thus, get started on Snapchat with this guide and learn how to use Snapchat in details.
2. Upload a Photo After Knowing The Basics of Snapchat
4. Snapchat Score
6. Snap Lenses
12. Snapcode Selfie
13. Guidelines to Set Up Your Snapchat Profile
14. Shoot and Send Snaps to Your Friends
15. Click a Picture or Shoot a Video
16. Make it Attractive and Cool
17. Some Extra Options For The Snaps
18. Send Your Snaps to a Friend or Many
19. How to Add Stories on Snapchat
In 2011 when Snapchat had just made its appearance on the realm of social media applications, the new channels and various other influential sources repeatedly asked the parents for preventing their children from using it as they deemed Snapchat harmful for the teenagers. Thus, initially, Snapchat was not a huge success.
But since then many things have happened and Snapchat has evolved into a major social media applications. From celebrities to adults to teenagers, everyone has grown fond of this social media app and they just love it. There is no planned business strategy behind the success that Snapchat has witnessed rather the innovative technology, splendid features and ease of use have made Snapchat what it is today.
Snapchat is considered as a successful platform for all the individuals which allows them to create light-hearted funny videos to connect with people. Snapchat is also extensively used by popular brands for connecting with their targeted audience, promote their product or simply to share their brand ideas with others in a totally exciting way. You can also create an educational video for your students by using Snapchat as it will be funny and it will attract the students to pay attention to what you are trying to teach them.
Thus, if you see someone making weird faces on their mobile phones then do not be shocked and consider the person to be a lunatic as they are just taking a snap or shooting a video on their Snapchat account. Snapchat is now one of the most popular social media applications and it hones more than 150 million users.
However, if you are not yet aware of what Snapchat is and how to use it then the application can be a tricky one for you to handle. This guide will help you with every step in setting up a Snapchat account and to become a pro-Snapchat user.
Upload a Photo After Knowing The Basics of Snapchat:
Before learning how to use Snapchat, you must be aware of the basic terms of the application so that you do not get yourself into unnecessary complications while using it. You must master the language of Snapchat to become a pro user of this social media app. Here are some Snapchat terms that you must know to use it without complications:
A snap is nothing but a picture or video that you can send to your friends through the Snapchat app. The snap usually disappears after 10 seconds and you will get only one opportunity to replay your snap. So be extremely cautious about replaying it.
You will find a number just below your Snapchat profile. This is basically the Snapchat score and it indicates the number of snaps you have send to others or number of snaps that you have received.
Snapchat enables you to upload your own pictures or videos which are showcased in the section called stories and you will be able to share it with all your friends in Snapchat. You can also view the stories of your friends but to do so you need to swipe the screen of your Snapchat camera to the left.
This is a special feature that Snapchat provides you with. The snap lenses will enable you to add special animations and a bunch of other effects to your photos or videos. You can use the snap lenses while taking a picture or shooting a video to add the special effects.
The filters on the Snapchat provide you with really cool editing features. You can add filters to your photos or videos to make them look special. Unlike the snap lenses, you can use the filter on the pictures or videos that you have already captured. Moreover, the filters change with location, special events or the time of a day.
Snapchat has a unique messenger built within it, where the messages disappear once you have seen them. However, if you capture a screenshot of the conversation that you are having with someone on Snapchat then that person will be instantly notified.
The geo filters are extraordinary in their own way. These filters are specific with your location thus to use this feature you need to share your location with Snapchat. You can also create your own geo filter by paying a small amount of money.
Memories is a special feature of this social media application. The memories back up all the snaps that you have taken. It also allows you to post an old snap as your story.
Snapcode is actually a special QR code which is unique to a user’s profile. Everyone who has a profile in Snapchat gets this special code. It provides you with a faster way to add friends into your profile.
You can also use a selfie instead of the QR code and thus it is known as the Snapcode selfie. This selfie can be seen by all your Snapchat friends and everyone in this social media app who is trying to find your profile.
Guidelines to Set Up Your Snapchat Profile:
To use Snapchat, you need to create an account on the Snapchat. How to create a Snapchat profile? Follow the steps enlisted below to set your profile on the Snapchat:
- Get the app on your mobile phone: The first thing you need to do for setting up your Snapchat profile is to download the app on your mobile phone. The application can be downloaded for free on your smartphone. All you need to do is to visit the App store (for the iPhone users) or Google Play Store (for the android users) to download the application.
- Creating an account on Snapchat: For creating an account on this social media application, you need to open the app to sign up. You need to enter all your details like email address, birthday etc to sign up in Snapchat.
- Make your username unique: Choosing a perfect username for your Snapchat account is the continuation of the Sign Up process and it is an absolute necessity. You need to make your username unique so choose a name that fully represents you or your company. You need to very cautious while choosing the username as you will not be able to change it without creating an all new profile. Thus, choose a unique username and create a strong password for your account then you are done with all the procedures of signing up in Snapchat.
- Confirm that you are not a bot: The botnet attacks have increased radically in the past few years thus this step is essential to make sure that no automated accounts are being created on the Snapchat. Once you are done with this step then you will be free to use Snapchat.
- Let Snapchat scan your contacts: Once you are done with all the previous steps then Snapchat will scan your contacts on your mobile to search for the people who have made themselves searchable on this social media application. Once the scanning is finished then you will be able to add people of your choice from your scanned contacts to your friend list and when they add you back on their profile then you will be able to share snaps with them.
- Adjust your privacy on Snapchat: If you do not want to make yourself searchable on Snapchat then you can change your privacy settings. To change the privacy of your profile open your Snapchat camera and tap on the ghost icon. Then you will have to tap on the settings option on the right-hand corner at the top. In the settings, under the privacy option, Snapchat will ask you “Who can..”, set it up according to your preferences.
- Capture a Snapcode selfie: Capturing your snapcode selfie is essential as it plays a key role for everyone who is trying to find you on Snapchat. All you need to do is tap on the snapcode and the snapcode selfie screen will automatically appear. Then just tap on your camera and it will capture five selfies which will then come in sequence for your profile picture on Snapchat.
- Add friends on Snapchat: If you do not add your friends to your Snapchat friend list then what is the point in having a profile. Tap on the ghost icon that appears on the top of your Snapchat camera and then you have to tap on the add friends option. You will be able to add friends on Snapchat by using the snapcode or snapcode selfie, username, your contacts and the location.
Shoot and Send Snaps to Your Friends:
Snapchat is famous for its unique snap features and ease of sharing them with others. Whenever you open your Snapchat app, the camera automatically opens which you can use to capture your snaps to send them to your friends. How to shoot and share snaps with others? Follow the steps given below to do it:
Click a Picture or Shoot a Video:
Taking a picture on Snapchat is very easy. Just tap the circular capture button at the bottom of your camera screen to click a picture. You can also shoot a video by holding the capture button downwards. When you hold the capture button downwards a small red icon appears on your screen which indicates that your video is being recorded. If a picture or a video does not look good to you then you can just discard them by tapping on the (X) icon. To click a selfie or a selfie video just switch to your phone’s front camera to capture it.
Make it Attractive and Cool:
You can make your snaps highly attractive or funky by using the overlay features of Snapchat. Snapchat provides you with various overlaying options like filters, doodles, stickers, captions and geo filters. Use them according to your own preferences before sending your snaps to others. You can overlay your pictures or videos by tapping on the overlay option at the top of your screen.
Some Extra Options For The Snaps:
There are some other options available for the capturing the snaps. Snapchat offers you a timer for clicking your snaps and it also provides you with the download option to save your snaps in your phone memory.
Send Your Snaps to a Friend or Many:
Once you are done with capturing your snap and editing it then you can send it to others. You can send your snap to one person or multiple users at a time. To send your snap just click on the blue coloured arrow at the bottom of your screen, then choose the contacts to whom you are going to send your snap then just tap on the send button. When your message will be delivered then the screen of the app will change to the feed screen. You will be able to see an arrow indicating that your snap has been successfully delivered to your friends.
How to Add Stories on Snapchat?
Snapchat also lets you create and upload snaps in the stories section. How can you add snaps to this particular section? Just do as directed in the following points:
- Create and upload snaps to the stories section: The process is totally similar to capturing snaps normally for sending them to others. Just Snapchat lets you add the snap to the stories section in addition to sending it to the others. The snap once uploaded will be available for 24 hours for others to see.
- Check who visited of your story: Snapchat also keeps an eye on everyone who is visiting your story. All you need to do is to open your my stories screen and tap on the triangle shaped icon at the bottom in the right-hand corner. You can check who have visited your story only when your story is live. Once your story disappears, you will not be able to check anything.
There cannot be something more daunting than mastering a social media application. But once you have done it then nothing will be more fun than the Snapchat. Take the help you need from this guide and become a pro user even before you know it.